Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Lethargy, meet your match

Do ya'll have any days where you just feel like crap? There are a million things to do, some of which you really wouldn't mind doing. But on a day like this, you just don't have the energy or motivation to do anything. This is one of those days for me. I feel lethargic and sluggish. I really hate this mood, but I am not sure I have the motivation to pull myself out of it. I know there is a way to overcome the cloud of inactivity, but it usually involves gritting your teeth and throwing yourself into some form of activity, whether it be going on a walk, doing laundry or getting out of the house. Well here is my current line of thought... "I am far too tired to go on a walk, besides which the sun is scorching right now. I vaccuumed the floor first thing after I got up this morning. And finally, I am stuck at home with no means of transportation. Even if there was another option, I am pretty sure I would find another excuse to get out if it."

All of this is floating through my head while at the same time I hate being lethargic and I would love to get out and do something with my time. It is a beautiful day and I know I am wasting it away walking aimlessly around the house. I have become an official time-waster. A name I am not too proud of earning, but I have nontheless earned it in full.

Tomorrow is a new day, and more importantly,Wednesday, which is the day I start working again. I hope to leave this new name in a cloud of dust behind me. No more wasting time when you've got a baby to look after. She will keep me busy for sure. Never a dull moment. :)

1 comment:

erin said...

Haha! That's how I feel today! My goal is to lay low and hope no one notices that I'm barely awake back here in my corner!