Thursday, September 14, 2006

Hobbies

Well no birds this morning-- I think I was awake before even the early birds. I will have to put away my harmonica for now, the only instrument I have with which to frighten away my feathered enemies.
(Just so you all don't mistake me for a loser, like Taylor Hicks, I don't really have a harmonica.)

On to new things...
I have recently regained my interest in jewelry-making. This is a hobby I started last spring, and really enjoyed it. But once we started getting serious about moving, the jewelry hobby had to be put on hold, because it is a semi-expensive hobby. But yesterday I pulled out the paper-bag full of beads and string, and got to work. It is a really fun hobby that lets all of your creative juices run wild, and you can really turn out a beautiful piece of work with very little effort. Hopefully I will be able to expand upon my collection as time goes on, and money becomes more abundant!

As long as I am talking about hobbies, I will take a moment to express how excited I am to be going on a quilting retreat this fall! I already have a pattern for my quilt, thanks to Erin! I find myself perusing the fabric section every time we stop at Wal-Mart. I am afraid I haven't got an eye yet for what king of fabric will look good in the grand scheme of a quilt. I have always had trouble picturing anything with my "mind's eye." Speaking of which, do you believe that is a male/female thing? I have heard that men think better in pictures, and women think better in words. Is that true? Could that possibly explain my lack of ability to picture how something will look before actually seeing it that way?

1 comment:

erin said...

I can't wait to go, too! Cara--Are you coming or what, mamma?
I'm gonna send you the registration form RIGHT NOW. ; )
Naomi I'm glad you're letting your creative juices flow!