Wednesday, September 13, 2006

In the Morning Light

Today, I had a fabulous chance to soak up the morning hours... in bed... asleep. In other words, this morning I had the chance to SLEEP IN. However, at the time of the morning when the sun just starts to peek up over the distant horizon and flood the sky with the radiant morning light; when all the world is peaceful and hushed; when everything just seems so blissful...
a frickin' PLATOON OF PSYCHOTIC BIRDS LANDED DIRECTLY OUTSIDE MY WINDOW. It sounded like I had been transported to an aviary full of demented, deranged, crack-brained birds. These birds were so loud and so hysterical in their chirping, that I am fairly sure that if I had poked my little finger out the window at them, it would never come back in again! Thoughts rushed intstantly into my head of strangulation and BB guns. (I seem to be a little irrational in the morning, before my brain wakes up fully.) Those ideas dismissed (not because of their absurdity, but rather because I could not find an EASY way of making either work), I stormed out of bed like a grumpy little 6-year-old, complete with a pout on my face, and slammed the window shut.

There! I showed those birds who is boss around here! Way to go, Naomi!

4 comments:

erin said...

Did you see Failure to Launch? One of the supporting characters tries to shoot a mocking bird with a beebee gun. You're a lot like her, actually. Except nicer. I say if it happens again tomorrow, you make some crazy loud noise--like blow a trumpet at them (do you have a trumpet?). That'll show 'em.
Did you go back to bed after you slammed the window? I would have.

erin said...

Also, Cara--it looks as if you HAVE a blog, but I can't get to it. When are you going to join the world of blogdom?

Naomi said...

Cara~
CrackQueenCara? Ha! Thats hilarious. Is there another side to you I don't know about?

Naomi said...

Erin~
I have seen Failure to Launch, and that roommate is a little freaky, but then I realized I could picture myself doing freakish things like blasting a trumpet at a flock of birds...
However, it stops at giving mouth-to-mouth to a unconcious mocking bird. I haven't crossed that line. But heck, she is HILARIOUS even if its in a quirky sort of way, so I will take it as a compliment!!!