Sunday, October 01, 2006

I love the FALL

I love the fall... when the air is cool and crisp and it bites at your nose. I love it when the leaves change colors and show off to all creation their astounding beauty. I love going on walks on fall evenings and wearing my favorite pair of jeans and my comfiest sweatshirt. I love coming home after your walk, with pink cheeks from the cool autumn air. I love the late fall when the leaves fall to the ground and crunch underfoot-- that sound brings back so many memories. I love picking out a best pumpkin to carve and set on the step. I love trying new recipes for baked pumpkin seeds. I love getting fall scented candles, and smelling the sweet fragrance of spiced pumpkin and apple cider. I love searching for the most beautiful leaves, in perfect shape with no worm holes or tears and vibrant in color, to press in a book and preserve. (When I was young, my mom would take us outside during the fall and help us collect several beautifully colored leaves. Then we would go home and press them in the series of encyclopedias she had and eventually, when they were dry enough, we would iron them between two pieces of wax paper and make bookmarks for my grandparents. That is a memory I love and want to share with my children some day.)

I LOVE THE FALL!!!

No comments: