Sunday, October 15, 2006

The "Golden" Year

October is such a wonderful month...mainly because I was born in it! I made my debut on earth on October 23, 1983 in Glennallen, Alaska. For those math wizards out there, you have probably already figured out that this year is my golden brithday. Which, actually, could be somewhat of a disapointment to me. Funny as it is, my golden birthday is something I have looked forward to since I was a little girl. I have thought about it and how wonderful and magical it would be, just as I drempt of my wedding. But now that the year is actually here, and the event only days away, somehow that magic is lost on me. I am not a princess with storehouses of gold to swim thru (Like in DuckTales, my childhood inspiration of what a "golden" birthday should be!)

But, really, as I look at my life, I couldn't be happier. I have an amazing husband, a beautiful home, wonderful friends, a fabulous job, health, 2 cars, 3 pets, the laptop I am writing this on.... the list goes on. So, no, I am not at all disapointed. I wouldn't change a thing.

This birthday truly will be "golden." I am going to spend it with family and friends, all gathering to honor me and celebrate the fact that I am alive. That is something so dear and special to me that I can hardly describe it. That is worth far more than any amount of gold.

1 comment:

erin said...

Ditto, babe! You are a jewel in my life and many others. We're gonna have a ball at your birthday! I can't wait.