Monday, March 08, 2010

35 Weeks

It has been an interesting week. I woke up several times on Sunday night with strong cramps. I have been feeling crampy ever since. Yesterday my lower back started to ache as well. I was a bit nervous about these sudden changes, because I remember feeling this way before Sophia and Jazlyn were born. I looked back at my baby blogs and was slightly relieved to find that I started feeling this way about 2 1/2 weeks before Jazlyn was born (but only 5 days before Sophia!). I was, however, at 37 weeks when this started, not 35! (Stay put for several more weeks Bug!) I have been taking it pretty easy the past few days, and getting naps whenever I can.


My hips continue to loosen and ache, and I hobble more than walk these days. I have to pee all the time, and I'm still getting frequent BH contractions. It surprises me a little that my body has been getting ready so early this time around. But after talking to Fern, she assures me this is normal for a third pregnancy.

As my body prepares, we are trying to prepare everything for baby here as well. Jared and I picked out "going home" outfits for Bug this week! It was so fun to look at all the tiny clothes again :) Yesterday, I unpacked the handful of neutral items we have, and put them in the dresser. Next on the list is to buy a baby book and some Newborn diapers. I will start working on my packing list this week, and start packing next week... maybe.

My next appointment is next Tuesday, March 16th. We will find out then what kind of progress all this prep work has made (dilation, effacement, etc).

Craving of the week: Chocolate Chex Caramel Crunch, Special K Bars, swiss cheese

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I can't even imagine how tired you must be with two little ones and being that far along. Let me know if we can help at all. I talked to Karen about working in the nursery, so if you need me to sub for you for the Well if you aren't feeling well just let me know.