Saturday, February 03, 2007

Misionary Papar II

Just a brief update on my dad. I do not know much, but I do know that he successfully connected with the rest of the group in Hyderabad on Sunday (He flew seperately from everyone else). After connecting with the group, they all attempted to fly to their final destination of Vishakapatnam, but were delayed one day as there was too much smog and visibility was so limited. As we came to find out, the smog had been so thick that they stopped all flights for the previous ten days! But it lifted just as our team needed to get through and they were only delayed one day! He was able to call my mother on Monday evening and relate all this to her. He said that they were going to set up a medical clinic that day and begin their work. So far everyone has remained safe and healthy. Thank you for any prayers you have offered on their behalf.
I am nervous right now as the itinerary calls for the team to spend this weekend at a leprosy colony (Friday through Sunday). I am continuing the trust the Lord, however, and He is blessing me with peace. That's all for now. I will give further updates as they come.

1 comment:

erin said...

I learned just yesterday that in order to contract leprosy, you have to have the right genetic make up. It's not nearly as contagious as we used to believe. Not to mention, it's HIGHLY curable even if contracted. So, don't worry! We live in a wealthy country with good health care--your Papar will be fine! I'm continuing to pray, though. : )