Monday, December 07, 2009

Invalid

On Friday morning, we excitedly arose to go on a family date to the Children's Museum! Jared and I were both helping the girls get dressed, when I accidentally kneeled on Sophia's foot. I did not even realize I was on it, and at first didn't think much of it. But after 2 hours of Sophia whimpering and collapsing to the floor every time she put pressure on it, I was reduced to tears of guilt. We cancelled plans to go the museum, but still wanted to have a family outing. So we went to Wal-Mart, where we could push around our invalid in a cart. We headed straight for the toy section, and Sophia wanted to get down and try to walk. She limped down the first aisle, but by Aisle 3, her foot was miraculously healed and she was running from treasure to treasure. Whew.


3 comments:

erin said...

Awww! Look at that little cast! Poor girl.
Also, not your fault, Mommy. Accidents happen.

Earl said...

YA! I totally agree with Erin! Sophia is REALLY lucky Daddy didn't kneel on it or it would have truely been broken!

Jamie said...

Nothing like a good distraction to forget about your woes :) I know I feel best when I'm doing something fun and I forget that I'm huge pregnant!