Thursday, December 31, 2009

25 Weeks

I have 25 weeks of pregnancy behind me, only 15-ish more to go! This pregnancy has been a bit different from my previous ones in regards to symptoms, etc. One of the strange, and very unique, side effects that has arisen this week is extremely itchy KNEES. What? Yeah, knees. Once I get scratching, I can't stop, which has caused many bloody knee incidents. I have started applying Eucerin liberally to my knees, which does actually help a lot. It is just such a funny side effect that it still makes me smile whenever the itchiness starts up. Pregnancy is a trip, let me tell ya. You never know what's going to happen next!

The other thing this week has brought is a "sore" spot on my belly about the size of a silver dollar. It is just a spot that is tender all the time, and I am wondering if it could be a weak spot in my abdominal muscles, or my uterine wall? Anyone else have this happen to them?

Baby Bug just keeps getting bigger, and is very active! I feel every little wiggle and kick, and have been able to share that with family now, since it can be felt through my belly now.

That's about all for this week!

Craving of the week: I could always go for a steak-- throughout this entire pregnancy. One other notable change is that I do NOT like ice cream since being pregnant- normally one of my favorites!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I may not have itchy knees, but often when I wake up my ankles itch like crazy! Lotion also seems to help, though I wish it would help more for my belly - that's an itch that cannot be stopped! Ah well, these things shall all pass :) Glad you're doing well overall!

Ariel said...

I had a really sore spot with Henrik-- it felt like a really tender bruise. It lasted a few weeks and slowly got better-- my theory was that a foot or elbow or something was pressed in one spot and really did bruise from the inside out... but that was just what I thought about it-- never had it looked at by my dr or anything...

angie said...

okay, i am officially predicting that you are DEFINITELY having a boy. :)

Naomi said...

Ariel- that sounds exactly right on. I called the phone nurse yesterday and she told me the same exact thing, so I think your theory is correct! :)