Thursday, August 24, 2006

A Whole New World

So here I am, creating my own blog. I have heard mention of this being a "geekish" thing to get involved with. But I have pushed all those accusing comments aside and now plunge into a world I know little about.
I would like to share my conversion story of how I came to enter this new world...Last night a friend of mine recommended that I read her blog. So this afternoon, I spent the last 3 hours reading every single blog she has ever posted. That was enough...I was hooked.

I have made a few discoveries already in this world of blogging (not necessarily all from this friend's blog, but also from the comments other people made, as well as the few other blogs I visited.)

1. People are very clever
2. Blogging gives you a chance to share your deep (as well as petty) insights that don't fit normally into everyday conversations.
3. Reading people's thoughts and reactions to life is very amusing. I am pretty sure it feeds the inate relational needs within us. We enjoy getting in on someone else's life and stories. In some cases, it is mere entertainment. In other cases, it makes our own boring lives a little more interesting.

Well, how was that for my first blog? Am I going to make it here? Will I survive in this new unexplored world?

2 comments:

erin said...

Well done, friend! I think you are completely right about getting into other people's lives. And I completely agree that it DOES feed an inate desire within us.
All around, a great start! Thanks for sharing your blog with me!

aslam waqar said...

Well done. you have started the thing before six years.i have started to day.my journey in bloging is on first stage. in this regard you are my teacher.