Saturday, August 26, 2006

Daytime TV

This morning I woke up and had that feeling in the pit of my stomach that I would need to clean, (or at least get SOMEthing done) before I could be calmed. It was that nagging feeling of unrest that can only be apeased by the accomplishment of a task, large or small. So, since I had an equal desire to actually enjoy my day, I jumped right in to the (rather large) task of cleaning up the house. There was things to be put away, dishes to be done, carpet to be vaccuumed, and an accumulation of 3 loads of white laundry to be folded and put away (the worst kind, where you have to match all the socks...eeww!).
So after all my toilsome labor (haha, the hard work of an unemployed woman without kids!), I threw a pan of Nestle Toll House cookies in the oven, and sat down on the couch to enjoy a good hour or so of good old TV. Well, I flipped randomly through the stations. Then I flipped through them again. I quickly realized that the only entertainment a stay-home person like myself is offered is well, DUMB. I had my choice of soaps, weather, or of course the spanish channel. Yipee! So much for that hour of rest in front of the "good old TV." I guess all of you in the working world truly are rewarded for going to further the economy everyday, cuz all the good shows come on when you get home.
These were the woes I faced today. I need to get a life.

1 comment:

erin said...

You know, I don't feel sorry for you. While you were deciding which soap to watch--and finally deciding to just take a nap, I was being asked to do something totally lame by someone totally stupid.