Friday, April 06, 2012

Midweek Update

Just a quick update. I had my appt on Monday, and was delighted to learn that I am 1 cm dilated already! I'll take all the progress I can get.

My body is definitely in preparation mode. I have felt crampy pretty much every day since my last update, accompanied on and off by low back pain. I still have absolutely no appetite. The only thing that sounds remotely good is a vanilla protein shake, which is particularly annoying since most protein powders have artificial sweeteners in them, which I am not willing to consume.

I sleep horrible now. This is largely due to that fact that no matter what position I sleep in, the baby is so large now that the bed jams him/her into my ribcage, and I wake up every single morning feeling like I cracked a rib.

There has been a notable increase in the frequency and intensity of my contractions as well. One night this week, I had strong contractions every 10-15 mins for about 5 hours!

Ok, that's all for now.

No comments: