Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pregnancy Dreams Continue...

Jared and I hide out in a hotel room, with the kids. We are trapped here indefinitely, because of the recent sequence of events. You see, last week Jared sat on my sister, Anna and tickled her. My parents are pressing charges. Then, Jared and I ran a red light and were not wearing our seat belts. Mysteriously, my mother knew about our indiscretions, but we did not get caught. She is VERY upset that we got away with illegal actions. Our court date is in a few days. And here we are, hiding out in a hotel room to avoid court. Because frankly, we think it is completely ridiculous to go to court for tickling someone (which is the focus of the court date, not the actual illegal actions).
In a desperate act to try to erase this nightmare, I go meet my mother to plead our case. I pour out my heart, and my frustrations, explaining that we just cannot understand WHY they would press charges over tickling. Anna wasn't even upset. We are just so confused. She stares me down in cold silence, refusing to budge an inch.

As soon as I get back to the motel, there is a knock on the door. I peer through the peephole and see that it is my dad, and brother, Andy, who flew into town for the hearing. Figuring Andy wanted to hug me and show his support before the court date, I cracked the door open. In a flash, my dad snapped a tracking bracelet around my wrist that was attached at the other end to a handcuff. I just look at him in shock and disbelief, and slam the door closed on four of his fingers, then continue to lean into the door, smashing them. After a few seconds, my conscience catches up with me, and I open the door and apologize. To which my dad responds, "No, that was a fair reaction," and then proceeds to close the door on his own fingers again.

Then my eyes fly open...

3 comments:

Kandi said...

Um...wow. That's pretty bizarre. Are you sure that these are only so vivid because you're pregnant? Or is there a darker side to the sweet Naomi that we all know and love...? ;)

Andy said...

Wow. I don't know what to say. I was definitely there to hug you. That's a fact.

Miss A. Marie said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! Your mind is an amazing thing Nae!!! ha! this made me laugh SO HARD!