Sunday, August 02, 2009

Forever Brainless

What do you do with a woman who has lost her mind? What do I do with myself? I learned that you loose brain cells when you have children, but seriously?? I have just gotten DUMB. Am I the only one? I thought that 10 months post-birth, I might regain some brain function. Wrong. A few examples...

I constantly put things places (that don't make sense even in my mind) and later when Jared asks me where I put it, I adamantly deny even moving it in the first place. When the item is found a week later, my brain fires dimly, and I vaguely remember placing said item in random spot... sometimes.

I get sweaty and nervous when Jared asks me where I put his car keys. (See above.)

Jared asks me if I changed Sophia's poopy diaper. I confidently tell him no. He commences to remove her diaper to find it clean and dry. When told that I did indeed change her already, I wonder to myself when I did it.


After a long five hours at the WA County Fair, we return to our van, and the door is wide open. I was the last one near the car, using that door. You can draw conclusions. Oops.


Sigh.

6 comments:

erin said...

I get sweaty and nervous when Jared asks me where I put his car keys.

Oh, Nene.
If only you knew how much I identify with what you're saying here.
I bought the wrong kind of coffee filters maybe two months ago, and every time I make coffee I'm surprised that I bought the wrong kind.
This is just one example of many.

Unknown said...

do you have the van with the automatic doors? my cousin has one and they said they have issues with the doors opening after you push the button to close them and when they get back to the car a door is wide open.

Cara said...

I have a post from about a year ago that sounds almost identical to this. If I could find it......

-V- said...

Guava juice in the cupboard with the plates. Enough said.

Kara Jo said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one. :)

angie said...

naomi, this is NOT comforting for a mama-to-be! does this really mean there's no hope? that i've had the peak of my astuteness and now it's gone? oh lord.