Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Oh Baby

I realized today that I have not once blogged about how my pregnancy is going since I broke the news. It seems like that is all I would be interested in blogging about since it is constantly on my mind, but somehow it slipped through the cracks.

So today my entry is devoted to my baby.

I will be 12 weeks tomorrow, which means I am now entering the second trimester (which I have heard is the "golden trimester.")

So far, baby has been VERY gracious to me. I have not experienced a moment of naseau or vomiting, which in my case is the best possible present I could ever receive. I am the person that waits for two days to throw up when I have the flu because I detest the sensation so strongly. The "symptoms" I have experienced are food aversions to heavy/greasy foods and overly seasoned foods. I am also pretty sensitive to smells, and have been more tired than usual. My belly is just starting to grow now, and is at the size that hints to the outside world that I have been putting on a few pounds, rather then brewing a little one. ;)

My first prenatal visit is scheduled on Mom's birthday, April 3rd. We are VERY EXCITED to hear the heartbeat for the first time!

While I am on this subject, I think it would be fun to share with you the names that people have taken to calling the little one.

My brother Ben gave the babe the first name: Baby Sue (since he is postive it will be a girl)

Erin- Tootsie, NFP (Tootsie was the original name, but we realized that should it be a boy, that would not be a very flattering name. So at about 1am sometime during the quilting retreat, she renamed it NFP. This originated from the method of "birth control*" we were using called Natural Family Planning. *Let me make it clear that this baby is not an oopsy)

I have taken to calling him/her: BB, Little Babe (BB stands for Baby ______. Both the girl's name and the boy's name we picked out starts with B ;)

Please feel free to come up with your own nicknames! These are the fun things that will go in his/her scrapbook someday and will be fun to look back on!

In closing, we have been beginning to prepare the nursery. We cleaned out Jared's office recently to make room for BB. Last week we bought paint, and have plans to start preparing the walls tonight. Hopefully we will be able to paint this weekend! Things are starting to happen, and it is getting very exciting!

6 comments:

erin said...

"...brewing a little one." LOL.
My mom suggested that we call NFP "Rhythm." As in, Rhythm Method.
Love ya!

kristi noser said...

So many things...
First your mom and John share the same birthday--kinda cool. Second, we called Eli "Baby E" because both names started with E--if he would have had
internal "parts", he would have been an Emma.
As far as the method goes, if you combine the two plans and subtract a letter or two you get "NRP"(Natural Rhythm Planning)
So Nerp it is.

Sheila Kippley said...

Mothers with newborns might be interested in natural family planning via The Seven Standards of eco-breastfeeding. With ecological breastfeeding a mother can go a year or more without any menstruation. Go to www.nfpandmore.org to learn everything one needs to know about NFP in a free, short, easy-to-read manual. Sheila Kippley

Katie R. said...

Our Anna was Baby Peanut too, for the same reason that she also looked literally like a peanut in the ultrasound. Isaiah called her Peanut and told everyone his sister's name WAS Peanut for Anna's first 3 months of post-natal life. He also informed everyone that Anna was just her nickname and that Peanut was her REAL name. I like Kristi's Nerp myself sounds cute and gender neutral.

Kim N. said...

It is so awsome that you are not sick!! That is really a blessing. I threw-up for 9 months with all 3 of our children. There is a medical term for that, but I don't remember it.
I think "BB" is very cute. Nerp is fun too! Good idea not to tell people what the baby's name will be. We told people with our first and they preceded to talk us out of it. Something they wouldn't dare to do if its already on the birth certificate.

kristi noser said...

Sheila, I personally know of two people with children 10 and 11 months apart who would beg to differ with you.
Breastfeeding is not birth control.