Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Bermuda, Bahama, Come on Pretty Mama!

Well we are back from our glorious Bahamas cruise! It was WONDERFUL! The sun was shining everyday and the temperatures hung between 80-100 degrees! We ate until our pants were too tight and relaxed until we needed to move again! And the best part? I GAINED ONLY 1.5 POUNDS! Not too bad if you ask me! Plus I have an amazing excuse for those lbs, since a baby is growing inside of me rapidly!



I started out on the first two days with a very nice pinkish tan after laying out in the sun. However, on the third day, I went back to my room to admire myself in the mirror and gaze at the new layer of tan I was positive I has just aquired, but my eyes were met by red blotches of heat rash scattered all over my body! This trend continued for the remainder of the cruise, so by the last few days I just stopped trying to tan altogether and did not worry about tan lines. This was actually very liberating. Now I was COMPLETELY worry-free... what a true vacation should be like!

We stopped in Freeport, Bahamas, and went snorkling and sailing there. The colors of the fish were amazing and soooo beautiful! Then two days later, we stopped in Nassau, Bahamas, and shopped the day away! Every night for dinner we went to the formal dining room and ate 4 course meals that were better than the most expensive restaurants we have been to here! We watched two amazing broadway-type dance shows, one of my favorite parts.

Here are some of my favorite photos!




Soft Serve! Ben's running TOTAL: 52 cones


Dancing the night away to 80's music


Welcome to the Bahamas!


Bahama Babes!


Puttin' on the Ritz!

2 comments:

kristi noser said...

Looks like you had a really good time. I wonder what the cone record on a cruise ship is...

erin said...

Looks awesome! I can't wait to see more photos!