Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Moving Forward

I must confess, I have had a hard time posting again, (even though I have no shortage of material to post) because as soon as I publish a new post, that means that the posts about Flynn aren't on top anymore. They aren't the first thing I see when I log on. As the days march on, the hurt of losing Flynn grows a little dimmer, and that terrifies me. So I log on at least once a day to watch the "Tribute to Flynn" video. I don't want to forget. I want to remember Flynn and what he meant to me, to our family, just as much as the day we lost him.

But God is healing my heart, and teaching me that I will never forget our precious babe. That it is okay to continue with normal life. That moving forward, does not mean forgetting. So here come the posts... Flynn will always be in my heart, even if he is not the topic of my latest post.

1 comment:

John Howes said...

Naomi and family,
You don't know me. I was hitting "Next blog" just to see what was out there and came across yours. I am so sorry for your loss. On December 6, 2003, we suffered a miscarriage of our little boy Jake at 20 weeks. It was devastating. Hurt, scared, confused...sometimes all at the same time. His umbilical cord wrapped around his leg so it wasn't anything but an accident. But that doesn't make it any easier. I pray God will bless you like we were blessed. See, my grandmother suffered a miscarriage of her first baby and, back then, was advised to go full term. She never got to see her baby. So I think part of our healing was made possible through her healing when she came to the hospital and saw Jake before the funeral. Look for the blessings during this rough time. Our Savior knows and loves you. Lean on Him.

Again, I'm sorry for your loss. God bless.

John