Friday, November 16, 2007

Cleaning Day

I was standing in the living room, looking around and had a feeling it was time to clean. A move-everything-and-vacuum-under-it, use-the-hose-attachments-to-get-in-the-corners hardcore clean. I even brought out the Lime-Away to polish up the faucets. This feeling was confirmed when Jared was vacuuming and suddenly sucked up something hard. He called to me from the other room and asked if I knew what it was. He described the location. Ah yes. I knew. It was just a small piece of plastic that fell off of who knows what. It had been laying there for days. No biggie. A few minutes later, Jared stopped the vac once again. What had he sucked up this time, he yelled? Oh, in the nursery? Under Sophia's dresser? Yeah, that was just a tag I took off one of Sophia's new outfits. Carry on.

How sad is it that I knew exactly what garbage was cluttering our floors and never stopped to pick it up?

3 comments:

kristi noser said...

I thought of you yesterday as I vacuumed up little pieces of this and that. A Lego perhaps? Penny? Never know...

erin said...

Haha!
I don't even want to admit how much I identify with this post. And I don't have a baby yet.

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!!