Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Quilting

I am sure that everyone is posting about the quilting retreat, but I suppose I need to as well, since I am so proud of my beautiful creation. I had a fabulous time at my very first quilting retreat, but I also found out that it is HARD WORK to make a quilt. You know how when our husbands are out in the garage working on the car, and you go down to get an estimate of how much longer it will take, and they say "About 1/2 hour." And then 5 hours later they start cleaning up... Well, that is kinda how I feel about quilting. I thought it would go so fast and that I would run out of projects to do, since I was going to be there for 3 days and I was doing and "easy" pattern! Well, short version: it took a lot longer than I thought it would. But in my defense, I did do everything the "correct" way as measured by the quilting world, which means more time. So anyways, I had a great time and am extremely proud of the outcome of my quilt! Here it is for all of you to admire...

1 comment:

erin said...

It's so gorgeous! I love it so much! Did Jared like it? I'm so glad you went!